on plurk, ibechibb on AIM and spacepiratecatdude on skypeCharacter Info:Name:
Dr. Harleen Francis Quinzel A.K.A Harley QuinnAge:
Late twenties to early thirties.AU/PG/CANON/OC:
- Eldest daughter in a family with three younger brothers. Family life was chaotic, loud and oppressively average. Fussy mother, finagling father and annoying siblings
- Showing a keen interest from a young age in the criminal mind.
- Falling in love with an emotionally troubled boy named Bernie who murdered one of their classmates in an attempt to win Harley's affection. It worked. He went to prison where he was killed.
- Attended Gotham University on Scholarships. Threw herself into her studies.
- Graduated top of her class and lands a prestigious job at Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane.
- Went undercover among the prisoner population, Met the Joker, fell in love, got exposed, lost her job, helped Joker escape.
- Joker threw her into a vat of chemicals to make her more like him, and then when it succeeded he promptly abandoned her.
- Heartbroken and nearly killed multiple times by him since then, Harley inherits a Brownstone apartment building on Coney Island and decides to move back to New York.
- Starting her life fresh she is Landlord of the building, takes two jobs as a psychiatrist, and a gig with a local roller derby team.
- While juggling all of that she finds out someone has also placed a bounty on her head. Her best friend Poison Ivy helps her track down the culprit. It turns out in her sleepwalking Harley had placed the bounty on herself to lure out all the criminals in town.
- Harley proceeds to have whacky adventures all while trying to make a better life for herself and become a strong independent (anti?) hero in her own right.
- For a period of time she travels through space with an amnesiac Powergirl
- As life spirals out of control for her, she loses her place on the derby team, misses a date with a hot hunk, almost loses her psychiatry jobs and her apartment building needs constant repairs.
- Harley decides spontaneously to create a band of crime fighters to clean up the streets so that she can focus her efforts on balancing the rest of her life.
Harleen Quinzel had a reasonable enough childhood growing up in a lower class family in Brooklyn New York. The eldest daughter with three younger brothers it was always a challenge for her to find time to study, but she threw herself into those books with a passion because she knew one day she wanted out of that house! Her parents were less then supportive in her efforts but in their own way they helped because she was determined to prove them wrong and become a success.
Her first love came in the form of a young boy named Bernie whom she met at a Halloween Party. Bernie didn't think like other boys, he didn't treat her like a weird freak for her obsession with psychology and the criminal mind. In fact Bernie cared for her so much that he found a girl who had been bullying Harley and shoved her into the path of an oncoming truck. Harley fell in love, Bernie went to juvie. She was heartbroken when she found out he was stabbed and killed in lock up. The only souvenir she has of their time together is a taxidermied beaver she stole from his house.
Graduating college with honors, the young Dr. Quinzell took one of the most challenging positions a psychiatrist could, working at Arkham Asylum for the criminally insane. When even she found it challenging to get the patients to open up to her, she went undercover among the population disguised as one of them. Only one criminal recognized her however, the sociopathic clown known only as "The Joker".
The Joker seduced her, charmed her, and wound her around her finger with his sense of humor and manipulative ways. Eventually the warden was murdered and when the new warden found out about Quinn's project and her obsession, he fired her. This resulted in her breaking the Joker out of his cell and the two of them fleeing into the night together. She was so over the moon about being free of her responsibilities and running wild with him, that she only had second thoughts when he took her to a chemical processing plant and wanted to throw her in a vat to make her more like him. She struggled, he won and chucked her in. The result was her skin became bleached white, her hair stained to the roots in black and red, and her mind fractured. Harley Quinn was born.
Just as quickly as their romance had begun, the Joker abandoned his new creation, leaving poor Harley despondent and directionless. A boon would come in the form of a brownstone apartment building on Coney Island that was left to her by a previous patient. She set off for her new life right away with only a few meager possessions and her stuffed beaver.
Life in New York hasn't been easy by far, but it has been good for Harley. She hopes to continue her progress in Waverly Bay. Personality:
In Harley Quinn's mind, she is a superhero. Sure she maims, brutalizes and straight up murders some people but it's all in good fun isn't it?
Harley Quinzel was once a respectable, cunning, ambitious woman who at times took herself too seriously. But the value of love and laughter was taught to her at a young age. Once her emotions were warped and twisted by the Joker she buried the more serious aspects of her personality in favor of a light hearted goofball personality, utterly devoted to those she has grown fond of.
Unflinchingly loyal, Harley's masochistic personality allows her to throw herself headlong into the face of danger laughing all the way, especially if a friend is in need. It can be this overenthusiastic attitude towards chaos however that leads her to take things too far at times. However more often then not she acts as the butt of a joke so that no one else has to feel bad. And while some may perceive her as a ditz, it is a dangerous mistake to under estimate her.
Shockingly brilliant at times, Harley has shown herself capable of outwitting, outmatching and out lasting some of Gotham's biggest and baddest, including befuddling and pestering Batman himself. However when she takes a position as sidekick (Something she has grown accustomed to) she tends fall on her face more and be more easily dispatched. Whenever she gets knocked down though she does her best to laugh at herself and spring back to her feet.
Of note is Harley's madness and addiction to the Joker being major weakness. Even she admits that he's not good for her, but in his presence if he's aiming to charm her there's little she can do to resist the siren call of fun, chaos and mayhem. She is deeply in love with the Joker despite the abusive nature of his relationship, and despite being well aware of how dangerous it is for her she can't help but want to help him.
Harley is motivated by any number of things, a need for fun and excitement, a love for life and love. She's taken to not only reaching for the things she wants out of life but trying to blow it all up into something even bigger and better.
She's not necessarily a bad person, she's just got a sliding scale of morality. While she'd never hurt an innocent kid she's not above knocking Robin with an oversized mallet. She's been known to drag people behind her motorcycle for abusing their dogs, or kidnap and threaten entire families because she thought they weren't visiting their grandmother enough. At one point she even murdered a defenseless old man on a breathing machine because her friend insisted that in the prime of his life he had been a filthy communist spy. While she can occasionally be selfish or thoughtless, she is often compassionate to a fault.
So maybe in the end she's not so much a superhero, not even an anti-hero so much as an anti-villain? Is that a thing? She might try to make it a thing.
Rhodonite: A gem associated with love, compassion and a sense of self worth warding off negative energy and producing a calming effect. It opens the doors for unconditional love, self growth, easing heart break and soothing anger. After Harley got herself out of Gotham City and away from the Suicide Squad she started improving in all of those respects becoming more focused on improving her life and less focused on the man who ruined it. I expect in this game she will continue this trend of finding balance between passion and peace. Healing and growing as a person.Power considerations:
List Three Powers You Would Like Your Character To Have:
- Weapon summoning: Mallet
In her own world Harley is faster and more durable then most women thanks to some chemical aid from Poison Ivy. It also made her immune to most poisons (But that did not however make her immune from hallucinations due to chemicals and food poisoning). Becoming a crystal gem would be a power boost for sure and she would be giddy to see it in action. The thrill of a battle, taking risks, getting hurt and growing from it are all part of the thrills she lives for.Sample: cosmoooc.dreamwidth.org/25636.html